The Committee's Role
An Annual Conference Committee shall consist of a chairperson or co-chairpersons and a sufficient number of individuals to successfully plan and conduct the Annual Conference. Each Annual Conference Committee is responsible for planning, organizing and administering the designated Annual Conference and will:
- Select a city as a site for the conference and approve the specific hotel site subject to approval by the Board of Directors.
- Organize the program for the Annual Conference, including subjects, speakers, social activities, and exhibits, in accordance with standards and criteria established by the Professional Development Committee and the Executive Director.
- Submit a draft program and budget for the Annual Conference to the Executive Director.
- Prepare a progress report for the Board of Directors for each of its meetings prior to the Annual Conference for which the Annual Conference Committee is responsible.
- Prepare information about the Annual Conference and submit it for publication in the newsletter.
- Conduct other appropriate and necessary activities to ensure the success of the Annual Conference.